Thursday, June 13, 2013

DIY: Make-up Brush Holder! ( Cheap & easy room decor day 4)

Hello everyone! today I'm going to show you a idea that was not mine. I found it by the lovely missglamorazzi on YouTube. it's a makeup brush holder made using a empty candle jar, and some glitter! Here's the video I watched to make this brush holder below!

Missglamorazzi's video for the DIY brush holder!


to make this brush holder, you will need:

1.) a empty candle jar
2.) modpodge ( I'm using matte modgepodge but you could use glossy)
3.) glitter

first you need to clean out the old wax out of the jar. I did this by placing it in the freezer overnight and the next day using a knife to crack the wax like ice and get it out.
then I washed it out with some dawn dish soap and some acetone ( nail polish remover) it helps to get the residue out

next paint the inside of the jar with a layer of modpodge
 
next, pick out your glitter and dump some in there and roll it around to cover the entire jar.
 
I chose a light pink glitter to match my room décor.
 

after I gave it sometime to dry, I sprayed the glitter on the inside with some spray adhesive first, then I put another couple layers of modpodge on the inside, so the glitter doesn't get on anything. glitter can be really annoying, but this method, you don't even know its there.

after that now you just have to add some filler! I used decorative marbles but you can use plant filer or you don't need to have anything:)

done! wasn't that fun:)

 
 
 
 

Thank you to missglamorazzi for the idea! it looks so cute and can be used  for soo many things!

have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment